1. Check Global Configuration settings.
a. Make sure sending mail is enabled on site. Go to Global Configuration->Server and look at Mail section in bottom right. Make sure the SEND MAIL toggle is set to YES.
b. Make sure other email information is filled in.
2. Send Test Email: Go to Global Configuration->Server and look at Mail section in bottom right. If you do not have access to the email listed, temporarily change it to one you do. Then hit the new SEND TEST MAIL button added in Joomla 3.x.
– make sure hosting as phpmail enabled
– make sure /libraries/vendor/phpmailer/ exists
– Try SendMail
– Look up the SendMail path in SYSTEM INFORMATION-> PHP INFORMATION and search for “sendmail_path” Adjust the value in mail settings to match. If that doesn’t work try the format from the next step.
– Add this to php.ini*
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -firstname.lastname@example.org'
If website is sending emails and only having problem in RSForms:
– Make sure Global Configuration email and RSForm FROM (in user or admin email that isn’t working) match
– In admin/user email tab, try turning to TEXT isntead of HTML