Joomla Monthly Website Maintenance
We are rock-solid dependable and keep our clients for years. We do what we say we are going to do and do it on time with no drama. We monitor uptime & security, run backups, and our 50 point checklist ensures your site is secure, optimized for SEO, and fast.
Request More Info
Joomla & Extension Upgrades
Joomla core upgrades3rd Party Extensions
We add hundreds of dollars worth of extensions
50 Point Maintenance Checklist
What Joomla Extensions do you Upgrade?
We have experience working with most established Joomla extensions. If an extension does not have a Joomla 3.x version, we will install a similar extension and manually migrate your existing data into it. Below is a quick list of extensions we work with the most often. Items with an asterick (*) next to them are ones we often substitute:
Blogs, CCK, and Directories: K2, ZOO, EasyBlog, SOBI2*, Mosets Tree, DOCman, PhocaDownload
User Interaction: RSForms Pro, Chronoforms, Blue Flame Forms*, JReviews, JComments, JNews, Kunena Forum, Agora Forum*
Slideshow/Galleries: PhocaGallery, FrontPage Slideshow, RokStories, RokSprocket, Widgetkit, JA Slideshow
Events/Calendar: JEvents, GCalendar, DT Register, JCal Pro, MijoEvents, Simple Calendar
eCommerce Shopping Carts: Virtuemart*, AceShop, MijoShop, Simple Caddy, HikaShop, RedShop
How do I find out what version of Joomla I am on now?
The easiest way is to go to the administrator side of your website which is your site address and then /administrator (example http://www.mysite.com/administrator). Match what you see to the picture below:
|Joomla 1.0||Joomla 1.5||Joomla 1.7/2.5||Joomla 3.x|
Do I have to change hosting companies?
NO. We build the new site on your existing hosting; we just need your logins. Before starting the project, we will ensure your current hosting meets the minimum requirements needed for Joomla 3.x and let you know if there are any problems.
Will the site be down during the upgrade?
The site will not be down at all. We build your website in a subfolder so you can review and approve before we replace the current site.
What if my current site is hacked?
Not a problem. We build a fresh install of Joomla so you will not have problems with your new site. For us to migrate over your content, we need access to any of these things: the old site, your hosting account, or an archived backup of the old site.
Here are some things that distinguish us from other website providers:
- Contracted work order for your plan
- Portal to submit tickets and view all work past/present
- Veteran Owned Business
- US company (Specialists in Alaska, California, Hawaii, and Texas)
- Accept all major credit cards and auto-bill for convenience
Full Team of Joomla Experts on Call
With YellowWebMonkey you get a full team: programmers, designers, project manager, and a marketing consultant. We're also one of 17 companies in the US that is Joomla certified.
- Install recommended Joomla system/user tools (Backup, Cache,Editor, User Groups, Quick Links)
- Setup Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
- Optimize for Google Webmaster best practices
If your website gets hacked, we will fix it and give you a year of free maintenance. We add server security rules, two firewalls, geoblocking, automated file reviews, and daily malware scans.
- Backups of website, database tables, and configuration files
- Contracted deadline
- Check website appearance on all browsers (IE8+) and mobile devices
Search Engine Optimization
- Optimize Apache server, cache, and GZip settings
- Improve page speed as rated by Google PageSpeed and Pingdom
- Search Engine Friendly links
- Generate updated sitemap and submit to search engines
- Monthly maintenance report
- Google Analytics with automated reports
- Google Webmasters with malware monitoring
- Summary of all contact forms
- Monthly instructional webinar answering specific questions of attendees
- Access to over 100 online tutorials
- Access to over 20 video training sessions
We sent our maintenance clients a monthly message with recommended features and improvements that we can add to their websites. This is to better serve our current maintenance clients and help them fully use their maintenance plans. These monthly messages will also include updates on the "under the hood" items we already do proactively, links to new tutorials on our website, and dates for upcoming training webinars.