Installing Joomla on an IIS server can be a royal pain in the butt and I always recommend switching to a LINUX server whenever possible. However, for those times that it isn't, here are some steps to help you out.
I will try to go back and grab some screenshots to improve the post, but here is the meat and potatoes for now:
From PLESK account
Go to Control Panel->Websites & Domains
- Setup new user
- Use Akeeba Extract wizard to unzip JPA archive
- Manually upload all files to FTP (~8,000 to 15,000)
- Go to Websites & Domains-> Database. Add new database (mySQL/localhost)
- Create database user
- Open in WebAdmin
- Import in mySQL from old site
- Go to Domains and add new.
- Point to correct folder (usually /httpsdocs/)
- Set to PHP 5.3 Fast CGI
- On PHP tab, set display_errors, register_globals, magic_quotes, and safe_mode to OFF (will give error, just hit OK)
- Check Sys Info-> Folders and make sure GREEN
- Change directory permissions by going to:
Control panel --> websites & domains --> Advanced Options --> virtual directories
-Select folder and adjust permissions for IUSR user:
list folder contents
**NOTE: to change a folder like "libraries," you may have to open one of its subfolders and change there.
- Make sure that open_base dir is OFF
- Make sure that session.save_path is correct
- Rename the web.config.txt to just web.config